Sunday 9 November 2014

Eliza Wray Brand


For the first time in years I visited the Spirit of Christmas Fair in London. First, to finally get a jump start on some gifts, and second because the stalls are wonderful inspiration for festive decorations.
One stall was truly memorable, the Eliza Wray stall. Formed by two country neighbors based in Surrey who share a love for interior design, the brand has been seen at several fairs and shopping evening events. However, at once I recognized a subtle rustic aesthetic, that seemed to have some Scandanavian influence! The adorable pastel palette is so refreshing and welcoming.


Although the majority of their products consist of home decor (picture frames, lamps etc.) but for the fair they mainly presented their toy range. And they were gorgeous. The idea were simple and charming, but the quality amazing. I bought several to decorate the table for Christmas, in refreshing shades of silvery-grey blue and beige, that have given me some ideas for little felt birds for place settings...


What I loved their play sets. One such item was the little box holding a simple wooden bed piled high with mattresses and a little knitted pea for a rabbit Princess. Another was an inviting circus, complete with a standing tent and a full colorful cast. But the cutest had to be the wooden match boxes with beds inside for their tiny occupants! 


That’s what I found so delightful about their products, how they drew back to simplicity and natural materials, and didn’t need expressive colors to blare out! It’s times like these I wish I had kids of my own to pass these beautiful play things onto. So for all mothers out there looking for gifts alternative to today’s high tech products and complex machinery, I totally recommend visiting Eliza Wray’s site at www.elizawray.co.uk and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment