Friday 16 December 2011

Front Row at Peter Jensen at the V&A

First, gotta apologize for keeping such a low-profile the past couple of weeks. But to say my life had taken a mad turn would be an understatement. I’ve been holding down three jobs-which was good, since it provides distraction to me mourning the end of my styling course. But seriously, this is the first free day I’ve had in two weeks. 
To keep up the aura of my busy fusion into the industry, thought I’d do an entry on attending an actual fashion show. Heck, I even had front row seats! Though I had the weird feeling something was missing-like I should have been wearing some shades or holding a munchkin sized dog.


The V&A is an amazing location for fashion shows in the vast galley! But Peter Jensen certainly clashed in the setting surrounded by old tapestries with his bubbly summer collection. the backdrop for the show looked like a wacky mix of collage and nostalgia. His designs were whimsy and playful-even the models seemed to be playing dressup, wearing obvious wigs over their hair, more like hats than substitutes. Me and Lea were flashing away the whole time. We even had front row seats-and yes, I know-will never be the same again! 
I have a lot of ideas, though, for future projects. Ever since the Britpop shoot, I'm intrigued by the idea of fusion, of mixing clashing themes together-hot and cold, childish and sexy, natural and machine. 


My favorite design was a lilac dress with a bias hemline for a gathered skirt. The way the model carried herself, it just demanded attention.






No comments:

Post a Comment