Friday 18 November 2011

Two Tops Reborn

When we were assigned to our second customization projects, after getting feedback from our first projects, I was a little disheartened that some people had more positive feedback after all the attention I gave my Painting the Roses Red top. Some people produced the most simplistic changes, yet had amazing results!



So I self-imposed restrictions. I found two button up long sleeves shirts that I hadn’t worn for ages. Both had their sleeves cut off. The red top was turned into one of those crop tops with extra fabric to tie in a knot in the front. With the fabric of the sleeves, I added to the front panels and cropped the hem. Though the stitches were obvious, I appreciated the fact that I completely changed the shape of the top.
The lilac one, I loved its satin lilac material. I wanted a subtle chance, and hand-stitched black lace panels onto the shoulders.





Once receiving feedback that I actually could have put more creativity into the tops, to say I didn’t listen to my own integrity would be the understatement of the year! Go fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment