Friday 5 October 2012

Professional Yet Personal, Continued


I wanted to do a follow up entry, showing what I’d come up-including looks I had worn to interviews. But considering how so far the number of interviews I’ve had so far comes to a grand total of, um...ONE, I figured I’d go ahead with it anyway


This first look is the outfit I wore for said interview, for a position at London Fashion Week when I was working backstage for the designer Jeffrey Michael show. Both pieces had a boxy frame, this blouse from Ms. Selfridges and this Whistle tulip skirt, and how the waist is cinched made me worried I’d look dumpy. But, considering how the interviewee was taken at once by how well presented I was, I’d call this a success! My Tiffany key, a statement piece and lucky charm, had to make an appearance, thus my main choice for the top. I love this mustard color, and wear the top a lot with a pair high waisted maroon jeans when going out!

The shade of this dress works great with silver and gold tones, with bare legs or some chocolate colored tights for a wintery wardrobe! I love that lilacy-grey shade. Also, this thick Alice band with a cool art-deco pattern that gave it a great 60’s retro vibe. I’d place it with black pumps for now, but would be paired with some high boots depending on the season.



This is actually the look I wore backstage for the Jeffrey Michael Show at LFW-unlike the usual uniform all black for backstage, we were encouraged to look smart, since the press would be coming around after. I was rushing off to a cocktail party straight after, so I wanted something that could easily slip from day to evening. 
I’m loving this topaz color for the fall. The flare of the top complimented the skinny black trousers, staying true to my love for androgynous style. I coupled it with the art deco band, and got tons of compliments for the vibrancy of the look! Afterwords, I traded the headband for hoop earings, darkened my eye make up and swapped my flats for black heels, and was ready for the bar.



I wear a lot of teal-it’s such a radiant shade of blue! It’s the reason I was instantly drawn to this blouse from Anthropologie last month. I paired it at first with a pencil skirt, but it looked way too frumpy, so I stuck to black skinny trousers, though I would love to try with some high waisted flare black dress trousers. Jewelry can be a lot of things, though I’d probably go for some silver bangles.


This were some of the looks I’ve come up with. I’m glad to have covered the jewel tone bases, but have to admit guilty in using a lot of black as a foundation palette-but can you blame me? So if (and when) I finally succeed in landing some interviews, hopefully I can put them to good use!




No comments:

Post a Comment