Thursday 28 August 2014

Mini Eraser Pendant Necklaces



When I saw the designs of the Tokyo Toy Store Matinee Necklace from Tarantino’s ‘Sparkle Factory’, the idea seemed kinda kitsch so I gave it a pass as a project. But yesterday when finding these mini eraser in Paperchase, I got an idea; a version that uses a singular rubber as a centre piece, instead of using the erasers en masse.




The selection I chose I wanted to be vibrant and personal, but in colors that would mesh well with the metal for a more versatile look. For example, the grey koala version looks great amongst the silver, while the bright orange monkey blends perfectly with gold. The ice cream cone had a nice angular oval profile, so I added the bead and pearl eye pin detail dropping from the cone.


A fun,  gift idea for the upcoming holiday season, and takes about 10 minutes to make.
Project budget: £1 (per eraser), though the metal work costs may add-I used left over materials.





No comments:

Post a Comment