Sunday 13 July 2014

'Drink Me' Necklace



Summer is upon us, the time of the year when in my heart I pay tribute to my muse of costume design, Alice in Wonderland. That story is so visually rich, filled with such characters and images-the Red Queen, playing cards, keys and bottles...

On pinterest I got some great ideas for accessories inspired by Lewis Carrol’s classic. My favorite part was always the bit after Alice falls down the rabbit hole and takes the various beverages and treats to fit through the doors.  Seeing this project were practically a crafty-calling! This necklace has a small glass bottle as a centre piece with some quirky touches-an acryclic bead, the white rabbit’s watch...




I’ve got some empty mini-perfume bottles that are perfect. There’s a little residue I couldn’t clean out so instead of slipping a paper with ‘Drink Me’ inside, using the sign to hide the contents of the bottle. For the shrinking potion itself I slipped in gold and aqua blue beads into the bottle. 


I’m really into adding these acrylic crystals for some color in necklaces at the moment, not just to zip up the lobster clasp but also details for the centre pieces, so on a jump ring I added some of linked beaded detail.

Project Budget: £5...I think...this was a gradual process, I used left overs from precious projects so can’t give an exact figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment