Wednesday 23 July 2014

Toy Hospital


I thought it was adorable last Christmas when I was working wardrobe for the Nutcracker when one of the kids came up and asked if I could mend her Eeyore stuffed animal. I laughed and told her to bring him into the Toy ER. Now recently when my sister’s home from college and going through her room, she’s asked me to help bring some life into her beloved kitty plushie. 
Toys like this aren’t scruffy-they were just loved a lot! All that hugging and tugging does do some damage after a while though. So I decided to breathe a little life back into Kitty, hopefully taking away the ‘run over by a truck’ look to his current state.


This ‘operation’ took more than 5 minutes and was a complete success! Using a seam cutter I simply cut a hole, to poke the toy stuffing through, being sure to evenly place the stuffing. Once satisfied, hand sew the hole closed again. The patient is then released, with a prescription of three or more hugs a day!




No comments:

Post a Comment