Thursday 12 December 2013

There's a Blizzard in my Bathroom!



Since I heard her interview on Craftypod, I’ve been intrigued by the idea of recycled materials always providing materials for all your crafting needs. Michelle Pacey’s blog Michelle Made Me offers some amazing projects that won’t cost a penny. I’ve been getting great ideas for the holiday season, especially with her twig wreath and her junk mail ‘Blizzard’ for the holiday season. This time of year people tend to go a little consumer crazy, and it’s refreshing to see simple, homemade ways to celebrate the holidays.
Like, for instance, that project I’m sure you did in Kindergarten, yet never gets old, paper snowflakes. Drawing some Michelle’s junkmail Blizzard, inspired by the idea of how easily this craft supple is constantly being replenished, especially this time of the year when your mail boxes are probably overflowing with pamphlets and such. 
For this project, I chose my bathroom window as a locale to set the end results up-a window free of any blinds or curtains is ideal and a perfect blank slate. Instead of a mash up of colors, for this cleansing setting I thought of choosing a soothly color tone as a theme. What I’ve been noticing that makes certain holiday decorations stir clear of being festively ‘dull’ is the use of non traditional colors. Instead of your typical greens and reds, use blue, oranges, pinks etc! So I took perfume ads and such that all share a blue tone.


An fun, cheap and easy project that makes your home festive for the holidays and enjoyable for all ages. Another nice touch I considered was painting the outer edges of the snowflakes with glittery nail polish to give it a colourful 'frosted' look. A top coat type varnish would be better, like Essie's new glittery top coat collection so you won't pick up the brush strokes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment