Thursday 19 January 2012

Crimson with Frustration

Well, I was true to my word. This weekend I dyed my bodice what the packet said would be ‘dark brown’. I was worried, considering how this was my first attempt at fabric dying with the supervision of my amazing friend Lordes. 
Maybe it was the fact that the original color in the bodice leaked out, even after several washes. Maybe it was me being a bit quick about setting the water to the right temperature. Maybe it was just the fact that the dye wasn’t really as dark brown as it said it would be. Whatever it was, the results really weren’t what I had in mind.
Well, the good thing is the bodice isn’t fire engine red anymore. 
Instead its more of a burgundy. 
Yeah, not quite the rich chocolate brown I had in mind that blended in with the black. I started draping some trims, and instantly it became border-line Renaissance-wannabe. 
Maybe I’d try dying it again. Maybe I’ll figure out some way to tweek it up. I dunno-think I need a break from this project for now.
Until after my 25th!!!!!! 
And guess how I’m spending my 25th? First, will be working backstage at a show at the V&A. So excited! After working overtime in my admin job, I need some fresh air.
And will be going overseas for my birthday was well this weekend...will give details next week. Until then, a hint-bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment