Saturday 28 January 2012

Une Tres Magnifique 25th!



For my 25th, my family took me for two days to beautiful Paris! I hadn’t been for years. My previous trips included me, ten years old, screaming about meeting Mickey Mouse, then six years later hauling around a heavy sketchbook for my IB Art Class. Now I was going to embrace the Paris everyone wants to enjoy-the fashion capital of Europe.
Oh, and did I mention that this all happened during Paris Fashion Week? 
Our hotel was right by some of the greater names’ flagship stores. Hermes, where we could barely get near the scarf section because of the all fashionistas demanding to see everyone single scarf the shop currently had, Channel, and my beloved Dior! 



No, I didn’t actually wanna buy anything. But I had to admit, the whole experience was awesome-the service, having the clothes brought to you, the excitement in the store every time some Fashionista walked in. But mostly I wanted to be inspired! 
And actually, I did get quite a few ideas for upcoming projects. For example, in this shop window, how a long pencil skirt when crunched up made a ruffle effect. 


Next, these shoes in Dior-I was instantly taken by their cute yet sophisticated look. But I couldn’t helping thinking if I got a simple pair of satin heels, a certain trim and black lace how I could tweek those shoes up. 


The same goes for a clutch I spotted from Dior’s latest collection, in a gorgeous splash of neons and blacks. Get a simple clutch in a basic color-grey, beige, quilted the outside, then spray painted some of your favorite colors, you’d have not only a very personal but edgy clutch. Maybe now in that cool camouflage effect, but more of a Pollack-perfected way?

No comments:

Post a Comment