Tuesday 10 January 2012

Make It Work. And Finish.

Omigod. This week, I rekindled my love of Project Runway-and since I haven’t seen it for two years, I have soooo many episodes to go through! What I love so much about this show and seeing the different routes taken by each designer, and the randomness of each challenge. 
I can’t begin to express the joy I feel right now! And doing it now not with the pressure of my class last fall, but because I’m just doing my thing.
And yes, I know, I should be better about finishing projects I start-I swear, the bodice and Elphie dress will be done. Really. I mean it.
As I continue to dig things outta my wardrobe for the chucking out pile, I getting more ideas of how to reinvent some of what I have. Most of the designs are party looks-ironic, since I really don’t go out that much at the moment. But for me, my creations are more about the process itself, not the end product. Which is the weakness, since I have a lot of ideas, but always seem to hit a plateau. I could be as close as hemming something before it’ll be done, and simply never get round to it.
Having a brain wave; making myself a time table, and actually map out a project, step by step, and what I’m aiming to achieve at the end of the day. For example, this weekend, I should aim to finish the bodice. 
OK, no time like the present. Here goes;
Project: Crimson Bodice
Deadline: Sunday
To Be Done: Choose and pick up a dye color
Dye fabric
Decide whether or not to shorten hem/remove trim?
Planned day of work: Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment