Monday 9 January 2012

Operation Elphaba Top and Crimson Bodice, Phase 1

What else is one do on a rainy Sunday when the muse is upon one? I just felt like cracking on with some of those projects. 
With the Elphie top, I started by cutting off the short puffy sleeves, and ensuring the remaining straps were wide enough to support the weight of the jersey. I’m gonna do some sketching while I still have a blank canvas to work from. So far all I’ve got is the color palette (black on emerald green).
As for the crimson dress, I cut the skirt off, converting it into a top. I reattached the black ribbon trim as on the original design, and cut the hem to be sure I wouldn’t have to alter the zipper. Seeing the results now, I can’t say I’m nuts about the color right now. So to push this project a little further am considering dying the red, but keeping the contrast still with the black trim embroidery on top. So color options presently in debate; purple, or grey. 



Think I need to take a wonder down to Shepherd’s Bush market for some ideas, or my personal favorite Aladdin’s cave of creativity, Barrett Lawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment