Sunday 8 January 2012

Something Old, Now Something New

Whenever I come back from holiday, before hitting the current sales of the season, I go through my wardrobe, tossing out whatever is out of season, unflattering, or overall something I haven’t worn since Top of the Pops was aired. I’ve gotten better about disentangling myself from my ‘pack rat’ tendency of holding onto things purely for their fabric. 
This time round, though, I’ve actually uncovered foundations of several customization projects! For example, my red cocktail dress could totally do with some re-booting. This project in particular derives from one of my favorite episodes of Project Runway, when the contestants are asked to redesign recent divorcees wedding dresses. Since this dress just happens to be what I was wearing the night me and my ex broke up, nothing would make me happier to slice n’ dice it since something fabulous.
That goes too for this navy velvet jacket, that doesn’t fit in with my ‘interview’ wardrobe since it’s cut and color clashes with anything I try to pair it with.
Or this emerald green cotton dress that gives my Alice obsession a buzz with its Tea Party elements, but could still be taken to the next level. I’m already getting ideas of black spots and strips, and seeking inspiration from my favorite musical Wicked, trying to think of this dress as something Elphie would wear.

 So, not one, but now four projects on the way. Not a bad start for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment