Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Nymph Top Project



Christmas day; a wonderful ‘haul’ this year! A new iPod-right in time, my old one’ll kicking the bucket anytime now, the gorgeous pair of pajamas I was wishing for from La Senza, among the many delights.
However, the moment me and my sisters all dread are the certain gifts my mother gives which she ‘thought were funny’ at its time of purchase-which, otherwise, has absolutely no significance other than collecting dust (if I had a quid for every notebook and make up bag I’ve ever received...)
Anyway, just when I thought we were clear this year, the purple elephant entered the room...at first I though it was some kinda weird trim or scarf. Nope, it was a minty green v-neck top covered in lace and other tacky trim. Holding it up to my chest, I turned to my sisters proclaiming the one phrase that summed this catastrophe up-‘I’m a nymph’. Add some sparkly wings and a crown, and I’d fit right in with at little Annabelle’s sixth birthday party.
The top is horrendous-the color is hard to wear, the trim too frilly, the sleeve length unflattering, the cotton too see through. But a few days later I figured ‘‘wait a minute-this is a customization waiting to happen!’’  Yep, first project of the year-getting the ‘fae’ out of this fairly grotesque creation, and taking something incredible-a blessing in disguise. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment